How to Root Xiaomi Mi 5C and Flash TWRP – Using a SoC owner does not facilitate the practice of modding: only the strength of the brand Xiaomi could, therefore, be sufficient to create a community around even Surge S1, the chip used exclusively on me 5C. The efforts of these developers have long been bearing fruit, leading in particular to the development of a recovery TWRP and its installation.
The presence of a custom recovery like TWRP, we recall, is a fundamental prerequisite for numerous procedures modding and allows, for example, the flash ROM or custom SuperSU for the management of root permissions. In this guide, we’ll show you, then how to install the TWRP 3.1.0 and gain root permissions on this device by using great tool GizFlasher!
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding Android. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 5C : Flash TWRP
Required files to Root Xiaomi Mi 5C
- Request authorization for the bootloader via the official website http://en.miui.com/unlock/ . The typical response time is 10-12 days
- The procedure only works with MIUI official developer ROM (Chinese version, release 6.1.12 or later): If your device uses already this ROM,
- Transfer the firmware you just downloaded on the smartphone’s internal memory, and install it by following this path:
Updater (app) -> press the three dots in the upper right -> select “Choose upgrade package” -> choose zip file we just moved to the internal memory of the smartphone.
- Install MiFlashUnlock tool [🔗LINK]
- Turn off the device – Now simultaneously press the power button and the button “Volume -” to start the smartphone in “bootloader” mode
- Make sure you use the same account which got unlock permission. Then connect your device to your PC via USB cable
- Then press on “UNLOCK“
This process may take approximately 10 seconds. After unlocking the bootloader, you will be able to install the ROM on your smartphone. The unlocked device, however, loses all rights to the Xiaomi warranty.
Flash Recovery TWRP
- Go to “Settings-> About Phone” and make repeated tap of MIUI version to enable developer mode;
- Now get back to settings screen “Other” settings, you should see the “Developer options”
- Click on “Developer options” and enable USB debugging
- Download and extract the tool in your PC
- Click on autorun.zip start and run the installation (skip this step if adb and fast boot drivers are installed on the PC)
- With the phone connected to the computer, run “GizFlasher.bat” present in the tool folder (in a case of problems to test with and without admin mode)
- Follow the onscreen instructions
At this point, the tool will command the phone to enter into the fast-boot mode and install the recovery.
Finally Root Xiaomi Mi 5C
- Copy the latest SuperSU package on the phone memory
- Reboot into recovery (By turning your phone off and simultaneously press down the Power button and the Volume Up)
- Now install TWRP SuperSU the package (note: in a case of errors repeat step after Wipe -> Format date)
- Restart your phone
Now successfully your Xiaomi Mi 5C has been rooted now you can explore your smartphone more deeply 🙂
[su_box title=”Read More” box_color=”#17bbff”]