In this Guide, How to root Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus TWRP, Bootloader unlock, we will show you a complete and safe way to root your brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus. Try to read every line of this article which is filled with important steps.
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide ” How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus TWRP, Bootloader Unlock ” presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to your device.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus TWRP, Bootloader Unlock
Required Files to Root S8 & S8 Plus
- Custom recovery TWRP for your S8 & S8 Plus [LINK]
- USB drivers for your Samsung S8 & S8 Plus [LINK]
- Latest version of Odin (Flash Tool) for your Samsung Device [LINK]
- Force Encryption disabler, Needed at Recovery time [LINK]
- Magisk zip Root package [LINK]
When you already have everything prepared, downloaded and installed, it is time to prepare your S8 for root process.
- Go to Settings> Phone Info
- Press ” Build number ” at least 7 times, until a message appears warning that activate the Developer mode
- Go to ” Settings ” and enter ” Developer Mode “
- Activate the ” USB Debugging ” and enable option ” Unlock OEM “
Now start Rooting your Galaxy S8
To root your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus is quite simple. The process is divided into 3 basic steps, you must perform in order:
- Unlock the Bootloader of your device, to access system files and modify them. In our case, we do this with Odin.
- Install a custom recovery, that allows you to flash apps and images, create android backups and more. Here we use the Team Win’s TWRP.
- Finally Root, installing a * .zip file or image with superuser binary. Here we will use Magisk.
Unlocking Bootloader & Flashing Recovery
- Turn off the phone and take it to bootloader mode by pressing ” Home + Volume Down + Power ” three at a time“
- Connect it to the computer via USB (Rear Ports)
- Open Odin with Administrator rights (Right click on Odin.exe and select ” Run as administrator “)
- In the top left you will see the words ” ID: COM “. If your device is recognized by Odin, the box beneath those words will turn blue
- Click on ” AP ” and select the file * .tar of TWRP you downloaded at the beginning
- Do not put anything in ” PIT ” and check the “option Re-partition ” if not checked
- Now click on “START“
- If you see a message ” PASS ” with a green background, it is that the installation was successful
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus must be restarted, if it not does, you can do it manually. As a further step, try to enter recovery mode. Disconnect the USB, turn and press ” Volume Up + Home + Power Button ” at a time.
Installing Recovery on your unlocked S8 or S8 Plus
- Off the device and crank in recovery mode (discussed above)
- Now system may ask if you want to allow system modifications ( “Allow System Modifications“).Select ” Keep / RO system “
- Go to “menu Wipe ” and press ” Format data “. Write ” Yes ” to continue
- Go to “menu Reboot ” and select ” Recovery ” to restart the recovery mode
- After restart, now mount internal storage and connect USB cable to your device and copy required files
- Go to “menu Install ” and flash file * .zip Encryption disabler
Now done, the TWRP be initialized and completely functional. (Don’t Leave Recovery Mode follow below steps to continue rooting your device)
Now Root Your Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Finally!
Flashing Magisk Zip Root Package:
- Do not leave the recovery mode. (If you had shut down, restart it and enter to TWRP)
- Swipe to allow modifications and select ” Install “
- Press ” Select Storage ” and select the file location * .zip Magisk (Internal Storage or SD). Click ” OK “
- Locate the file * .zip of Magisk and click on it to install
- Restart the phone normally
Ready! With a custom recovery (TWRP) and superuser installed, your Samsung Galaxy S8 is completely rooted.
You see, to root your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is not an impossible task. Just follow guide ” How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus TWRP, Bootloader Unlock ” We hope this tutorial has been helpful to root your phone, and if in doubt, leave us a comment.
[su_box title=”Read More” box_color=”#0c77c9″]