In this Guide, we will see How to Root Redmi Note 4. We suggest you, to follow every step very carefully to root your Mi Note 4 successfully.
The guide is divided into different sections, where it is easy to follow and a necessary way to root the device.
Now Prepare your MI Redmi Note 4 for Rooting
- Enable the option USB Debugging: Settings -> All -> About Phone. Then press 5-7 times on the build number, until a message announcing that you are a developer.
- Install proper Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC so that you can connect device seamlessly.
- Backup Your Data to be on the safe side – If any problem occurs during the rooting process.
- It is also advisable to make a Backup of EFS folder, IMEI numbers.
How To Unlock MI Note 4 Bootloader
- Download Mi Flash Tool Here: [LINK]
- Extract the downloaded file to the PC and run “MiFlashUnlock.exe.”
- Next, enter your MI account details, if you do not have one, create a new ID.
- After successful login, the validation process will start on the phone, and for the first time will receive a message that “You do not have permission to unlock the device” don’t worry.
- Click on the “OK” button or go to MIUI Unlock web page to receive permission.
- Then click on the “Unlock Now” and agree with the details of our account and fill all the details.
- Now you will receive OTP confirmation, confirm it to complete the process.
- Wait till your application is approved.
- You will receive the UNLOCK CODE in SMS once it is approved.
- We use the Unlock Code to open MI Flash application to unlock the phone Bootloader.
Now you have successfully unlocked Bootloader of your Mi Note 4, lets jump to next section.
Files Needed To Root xiaomi Note 4
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. [LINK]
- Download xxx_recovery.Img, and rename the file to “recovery.img” and move to the ADB folder. [LINK]
- Download latest “SuperSU 2.xx.zip” and transfer the file to phone memory. [LINK]
How To Root Redmi Note 4
1st Step: Open a command window. To do so, within the ADB (C: \ adb) folder, press the SHIFT key on the keyboard + Right click on the mouse on a blank space in the folder and options shown simply choose “Open Command Window Here“.
2nd Step: Next, connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable and restart the device in FASTBOOT mode by pressing the “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time or type the following command “adb reboot bootloader”
3rd Step: Once the device is connected in fastboot enter the following command “fastboot devices“. We receive the serial number of the device which means that the device is properly connected.
4th Step: Now time to flash “recovery.img“, to flash the file, type the following command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
5th Step: Once the recovery is flashed/installed, boot your device into recovery mode by typing this following command “adb reboot bootloader”
6th Step: After booting into TWRP Recovery menu choose “Install” and then and select “SuperSU.zip” (previously copied file to phone memory). Swipe to confirm the flash and after installation click on “Reboot” to restart the device.
The boot after flashing SuperSU may take little more time than the normal boot so don’t worry. Now after booting your “Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 4 is rooted successfully“.
[su_box title=”Read More” radius=”0″]
DISCLAIMER: The procedure described in this guide “How to Root Redmi Note 4 Complete Guide” presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding Android. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.