How to Root Motorola Moto E4 and E4 Plus. Guidance on how to gain root access on Motorola Moto E4 and E4 Plus, using Super SU, TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 via fastboot commands Support, to access options that are available only if you have root access on your Android device, phone or Tablet.
Precautions to taken before rooting Moto E4 and E4 Plus
- Make sure that Motorola USB drivers are installed on your computer, to connect your computer properly. [LINK]
- Enable USB debugging and developer options in settings.
- Take a safe side backup of your data which is in the Moto E4 and E4 Plus.
Needed Files to Root Moto E4 and E4 Plus
- Download, and install, adb and fastboot on your computer. ADB installation creates a folder (C: \ adb) [LINK]
- Download the custom recovery recoveryE4plus.img for Motorola Moto E4 Plus and TWRP-perry-3.1.1-r1.img for Motorola Moto E4. Then rename the file to “recovery.img” and copy file to ADB folder (C: \ adb)
- Finally, download SuperSU-v2.82.zip and copy/move that file to phone memory. [LINK]
How to Root Motorola Moto E4 and E4 Plus
1st Step: Open a command window. To do so, within the ADB (C: \ adb) folder, press the SHIFT key on the keyboard + Right click on the mouse on a blank space in the folder and options shown simply choose “Open Command Window Here”
2nd Step: Next, connect the device to the PC via USB cable and restart the device in FASTBOOT mode by typing ” adb reboot bootloader ” command in the command window and then press the ENTER key.
3rd Step: In Fastboot mode check the connection by entering the command ” fastboot devices ” and then press the ENTER key. We receive the serial number of the device which means that the device is properly connected. (as shown in picture below)
4th Step: Type the following command ” fastboot oem unlock ” to unlock the bootloader.
5th Step: Type the following command ” fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ” in the command window and then press the ENTER key to flash/install TWRP Recovery on the device.
6th Step: Restart the device into recovery mode by typing the command ” adb reboot bootloader ” and then press the ENTER key.
7th Step: After booting into TWRP Recovery menu choose “Install” and then and select “SuperSU.zip” (previously copied file to phone memory). Swipe to confirm the flash and after installation click on “Reboot” to restart the device.
The boot after flashing SuperSU may take little more time than the normal boot so don’t worry. Now after booting your “Motorola Moto E4 or E4 Plus is rooted successfully“.
[su_box title=”Read More” radius=”0″]
DISCLAIMER: The procedure described in this guide “How to Root Motorola Moto E4 and E4 Plus” presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding Android. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.