In this guide, we will show How to Root Moto Z Play simply by following simple steps. Don’t worry all files are available within the post for seamless rooting of your Moto Z.
We recommend taking a proper backup of your personal data before proceeding to “Root Guide”
Even Read: How to Root Motorola Moto E4 and E4 Plus
Advantages of Rooted Mobile
- Have more options when customizing the device, installing a custom ROM using the TWRP Recovery or install modules Xposed
- TWRP custom recovery makes available resources to rooting through SuperSU or by magisk devices with OS Android
Steps to Do Before Rooting Moto Z Play
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers on your computer, so you can connect the device to your computer properly. [LINK]
- Enable Developer Options, to do head Settings=> About tap on build number until you see the message “you are the developer”.
- After enabling developer options, Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging under developer options.
Unlocking Bootloader of Moto Z Play
- Go to the Motorola website, to unlock the bootloader of the Motorola devices. [LINK]
- Read the risks of unlocking the bootloader and move down and we click “Next“. In the new window, we have to use our account to log in.
- In Next page accept the terms and click on the “Can my device be unlocked” button and follow on-screen instructions. (You will receive Unlock code to your registered Email)
- Now download and install ADB and Fastboot [LINK] – installation creates a folder (C: \ adb)
- Remeber to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock and press on Allow when you see “Trust this Computer“
- Open a command window within the ADB folder (C: \ adb). By pressing Shift + Mouse right click on a blank space in the folder and in options choose “Open command window here“.
- Make sure that your device is connected by typing this commands in the order in command prompt window:
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- After the first command, your device will reboot into Fastboot mode, then by the second command, you will see device number. (If this happens all perfect your device is ready to unlock Bootloader) (If not install perfect ADB drivers of your Device)
- Then enter this following command along with unlocking key and press “Enter“. ( i.e. fastboot oem unlock 8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5 )
- fastboot oem unlock Your_key
- Now your device is unlocked and reboot your device by holding all Buttons for few seconds.
Now How to Root Moto Z Play
1# Now download Recover image [LINK], extract and rename (.img) file to “recovery.img” and copy it to ADB folder.
2# Download Magisk official [LINK] and copy that .zip file to the phone memory. (Read Guide of Magisk on XDA)
3# Connect your phone to PC and press Shift + Mouse right click on a blank space in the ADB folder and in options choose “Open command window here“.
4# In command window type the following commands one by one:
“adb reboot bootloader“
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
5# Now enter this following command “adb reboot recovery” to boot into recovery mode now flash the previously copied Magisk.zip and after the flash, reboot your phone and install Magisk.apk.
Now your Moto Z Play is successfully rooted and now you can customize as you like. share this guide ” How to Root Moto Z Play simply” with your Moto friends.