In this guide, we will show you the easiest way no How to Root Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 or Lite Safely. Where this guide works on both phones Y1 or Y1 Lite.
Before proceeding to this guide we recommend to take a proper backup of your personal data which is previously saved on your Y1 Lite or Y1 mobile device.
This guide has been arranged where you have to follow accordingly, to achieve the successful rooting of your Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 or Y1 Lite.
Requirements to root your Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite or Y1
- Windows PC
- Device with minimum 50% charge
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer Mode
- ADB Drivers [LINK]
- Adb Fastboot Tool 2016 [LINK]
- TWRP for Redmi Y1 [LINK]
- TWRP for Redmi Y1 Lite [LINK]
- Magisk [LINK]
Unlocking Bootloader Of Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite Or Y1
- Request authorization for the bootloader via the official website http://en.miui.com/unlock/ . The typical response time is 10-12 days
- The procedure only works with MIUI official developer ROM (Chinese version, release 6.1.12 or later): If your device uses already this ROM,
- Transfer the firmware you just downloaded on the smartphone’s internal memory, and install it by following this path:
Updater (app) -> press the three dots in the upper right -> select “Choose upgrade package” -> choose zip file we just moved to the internal memory of the smartphone.
- Install MiFlashUnlock tool [🔗LINK]
- Turn off the device – Now simultaneously press the power button and the button “Volume -” to start the smartphone in “bootloader” mode
- Make sure you use the same account which got unlock permission. Then connect your device to your PC via USB cable
- Then press on “UNLOCK“
Flashing Twrp Recovery on Y1 or Y1 Lite
- After unlocking bootloader successfully
- Unzip ADB Fastboot Tool and copy “twrp-3.2.1-0.img” file to Adb tools archive and rename it to “twrp.img“.
- Now connect your phone to PC and Copy “Magisk.zip” file to your internal memory of your Smartphone.
- Now open a command window by pressing “SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE KEY” and select open command window here.
- And type the following commands in order.
- You may need to authenticate your device by pressing “Trust this device” on a Pop window in your mobile device after entering the first command.
- ” adb reboot bootloader “ – Now your device will reboot into Bootloader wait for while and follow the below commands.
- ” fastboot flash recovery twrp.img “ this command will flash TWRP on your device, wait for a while and proceed to next.
- ” fastboot reboot “ now your mobile reboots.
- Now your Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 or Y1 Lite has flashed with Custom TWRP Recovery successfully.
How to Root Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 or Y1 Lite
- After following each and every step carefully you will reach here.
- Now Turn off your Mobile and Boot it into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down + Power at the same time and hold them till the phone boots into to recovery mode.
- For the first time, you need to give access to TWRP to make some changes in your device just “Swipe to Allow Modifications“.
- Now in TWRP Menu select Install and Flash “Magisk.zip” and after flash reboot your device.
Now your Mi Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Or Y1 Lite has been successfully rooted. If you face any error following this guide please let us know in the comments below as we can help you ASAP.