In this article, we will learn how to root Mi Max 2 along with flashing TWRP so easily with all link which are linked with-in the post.
The flash TWRP on Xiaomi devices requires the presence of an unlocked bootloader, obtained by following the official procedure made available by the Chinese juggernaut. The installation of the recovery will, therefore, be recognized thanks to a convenient batch file that will give in fully automatic mode the ADB and fast boot commands necessary. The flash SuperSU, however, will be carried out manually by TWRP.
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding Android. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.
How To Root Mi Max 2 and TWRP Guide
Requirements to Root Mi Max 2
- Mi Max 2 with 70% battery
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Mi Max 2 TWRP and Auto Tool [LINK]
- Mi Max 2 # SuperSU Zip [LINK]
- PC and USB cable
How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Max 2
- Request authorization for the bootloader via the official website http://en.miui.com/unlock/ . The typical response time is 10-12 days
- The procedure only works with MIUI official developer ROM (Chinese version, release 6.1.12 or later): If your device uses already this ROM,
- Transfer the firmware you just downloaded on the smartphone’s internal memory, and install it by following this path:
Updater (app) -> press the three dots in the upper right -> select “Choose upgrade package” -> choose zip file we just moved to the internal memory of the smartphone.
- Install MiFlashUnlock tool [🔗LINK]
- Turn off the device – Now simultaneously press the power button and the button “Volume -” to start the smartphone in “bootloader” mode
- Make sure you use the same account which got unlock permission. Then connect your device to your PC via USB cable
- Then press on “UNLOCK“
How To Flash Recover on Mi Max 2
- Go to “Settings-> About Phone” and make repeated tap booby MIUI version to enable developer mode.
- Press back on the screen “Other” settings, you should see the “Developer options“
- Open the “Developer options” and enable USB debugging and OEM unlock.
- Download and extract the tool into your PC folder.
- Click on autorun.zip start and run the installation (skip this step if adb and fast boot drivers are installed on the PC)
- With the phone connected to the computer, run “GizFlasher.bat” present in the tool folder (in a case of problems to test with and without admin mode)
- If asked, accept the ADB from the phone connection
- Select 1 to flash the TWRP.
Finally, Root your Mi Max 2
- Copy the SuperSU Zip package on the phone internal Memory
- Reboot into TWRP (By pressing and holding power button and Volume + at the same time)
- In Recovery mode flash SuperSU zip and Reboot your Device.
Now you have successfully Rooted your Mi Max 2 – after flashing SuperSU zip the boot may take little more time than a regular boot.
Share this guide ” How To Root Mi Max 2 and TWRP Guide ” who are indeed to root there Mi Max 2 device.
[su_box title=”Read More” box_color=”#0c77c9″]