In this guide, we will see How to Root LeEco Le Pro 3 using TWRP and SuperSU quick and easily. Before proceeding to this guide we recommend to take a full backup of your phone.
This guide works fine with EUI 5.8 – 19S or 19D and future EUI 5.9 – 20S or 20D version also, so we suggest you to read and follow every single step.
Steps to follow before Rooting
- Enable Developer Options from: Settings-> All-> About Phone-> Build number. Then press 5-7 times on the build number, until a message stating that you are a developer. Then go to Settings -> Developer Options then activate “USB debugging” and “Allow OEM unlocking” if this option is available.
- Install ADB USB Drivers using ADB Driver Installer (Universal) [LINK]
Files Needed to Root Le Pro 3
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. ADB installation creates a folder (C: \ adb) [LINK]
- Download SuperSU V2.67 and copy the zip file to phone memory. [LINK]
- Download and extract Pro3_EUI5.8_TWRP.zip rename the file recovery_twrp.img to “recovery.img” and move renamed file to ADB folder (C: \ adb) [LINK]
How to Root LeEco Le Pro 3 using TWRP and SuperSU
1st Step: Open a command window. To do so, within the ADB (C: \ adb) folder, press and hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard + Right click on the mouse on a blank space in the folder and options choose “Open Command Window Here“.
2nd Step: Now connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable and restart the device in FASTBOOT mode by typing the following command in the command window or pressing the “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
3rd Step: Once the phone is in FastBoot check mode by entering below fastboot command. We receive the serial number of the device which means that the device is properly connected.
4th Step: Once the device is connected properly proceed to unlock the bootloader by typing this command: and follow onscreen instructions of the device to allow OEM Unlock.
fastboot oem unlock
5th Step: Now after successful OEM unlock restart your device by holding the power button. then follow Step 2 & 3. Then type the following command in the command window
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6th Step: Now reboot your phone into recovery mode by typing this command:
adb reboot bootloader
Now flash SuperSU which you have previously copied into phone memory.
After flashing SuperSU reboot your Le Pro 3 and don’t bother, boot after flash may take a little while.
Now after boot your Le Pro is successfully rooted now share this guide ” How to Root LeEco Le Pro 3 using TWRP and SuperSU ” with your LeEco group.