In this guide, we will show you How to Root Huawei Mate S Latest Nougat 7 very easily. We have arranged this guide in the way you have to follow form latest firmware bootloader unlock to the rooting device.
Update: For Huawei Mate S there is a new version 3.0.2 of the custom recovery we are going to use it in this guide.
We recommend to taking a backup of your personal data before proceeding to guide on ” How to Root Huawei Mate S “.
Requirements for Rooting Huawei Mate S
- 70% of the battery
- Windows PC and USB cable
- Proper ADB Drivers [LINK]
- SuperSU Zip [LINK]
- Auto Root Tool [LINK]
How to Unlock Huawei Mate S Bootloader
- Log on to the official website EMUI [LINK] and click on “Unlock Bootloader“
- Log in with your Huawei account
- Now you are warned with disclaimer relating to the bootloader. Accept that and proceed.
- After the procedure will receive the unlock code
- Now turn off your device and now by holding volume down (-) button connect to the computer.
- Now got to extracted fastboot ADB folder – Holding SHIFT key in folder and press right mouse key and open Command Prompt window here.
- Type this command in window
- Now It will show you the ID number of your smartphone – Then type
fastboot oem unlock
- Now in next command enter the UNLOCK code.
- Now your Huawei Mate S Bootloader is UNLOCKED.
Even Read: How To Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017 TWRP, Bootloader Unlock
Flashing Recovery on Huawei Mate S
- Go to “Settings -> About Phone” and make repeated on tap Build number to enable developer mode
- Back on the screen ” Other ” settings, you should see the ” Developer options “
- Enter the ” Developer options ” and enable USB debugging and OEM unlock
- Download and extract the Root Tool Flasher on the PC
- Open autorun.zip start and run the installation (skip this step if ADB and fastboot drivers are installed on your PC)
- With the phone turned connected to your computer, run “GizFlasher.bat” present in the package folder (in case of problems to test with and without admin mode)
- If asked, accept the ADB from the phone connection
- Select “1” to flash the TWRP
How to Root Huawei Mate S Latest Nougat 7
- After TWRP flashing reboot your phone and copy SuperSU package to internal storage
- Reboot into TWRP (Turn off your phone and now press hold power button and Volume + (up) at the same time)
- In Recovery Menu, select ” Install “
- Select and install the previously copied SuperSU package
- And after installing “reboot” your phone
- Boot may take little long time – Don’t worry
- After phone completes booting you can find SuperSU app.
Now your Huawei Mate S is successfully rooted and flashed with custom recovery.
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide ” How To Root Huawei Mate S Bootloader Unlock ” presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to your device.