In this guide, we will see How To Root Honor 9 TWRP EMUI 5.1 (Android Nougat) and foresees the presence of an unlocked bootloader. Before proceeding, it will be necessary to follow the unlocking procedure official proposal from Huawei. Then, thanks to our Honor 9 Root Tool (Flasher), we can install the TWRP from Fastboot in a completely automatic.
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide ” To Root, Flash, and Unlock Bootloader of Honor 9 ” presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding Android. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.
Requirements to Root Honor 9
- Honor 9 with Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1 (Android Nougat)
- Minimum 70% of the battery
- Personal Data Backup
- Windows PC and inbox USB cable
- Honor 9 Root Tool (Flasher) [LINK]
- Other Packages (Magisk package [LINK]) & (Relative APK [LINK])
- Fastboot and ADB Drivers [LINK]
How To Root Honor 9 TWRP EMUI 5.1 (Android Nougat)
The Honor 9 Root guide is dived in sub categories follow in serial.
Unlocking the Bootloader
- Log on to the official website EMUI [LINK] and click on “Unlock Bootloader“
- Log in with your Huawei account
- Now you are warned with disclaimer relating to the bootloader. Accept that and proceed.
- After the procedure will receive the unlock code
- Now turn off your device and now by holding volume down (-) button connect to the computer.
- Now got to extracted fastboot ADB folder – Holding SHIFT key in folder and press right mouse key and open Command Prompt window here.
- Type this command in window
- Now It will show you the ID number of your smartphone – Then type
fastboot oem unlock
- Now in next command enter the UNLOCK code.
- Now your HONOR 9 is UNLOCKED.
Flash TWRP Recovery
- Go to “Settings-> About Phone” and tap repeated on Build number to enable developer mode.
- Press back on the screen and select “Other” settings, you should see the “Developer options“
- Enter the “Developer options” and enable “USB debugging” and “OEM release“
- Download and extract the Honor 9 Root Tool (Flasher).
- Click on autorun.zip and run the installation (skip this step if ADB and fastboot are drivers are installed on the PC)
- Now connect your device to PC in “fastboot” mode and run “GizFlasher.bat” present in the Root Tool package folder
- Click “allow ADB connection from PC” on your device
- Select “1” to flash the TWRP
- Now Turn on your mobile with is successfully flashed with TWRP
Final Step Root Your Honor 9
- Copy the Magisk package and its APK on the phone
- Install Magisk.apk on your phone (Important: Don’t open or start Magisk.apk after installing it)
- Turn off your phone and reboot your phone into Recovery mode by pressing Volume + and Power button together.
- After booting into recovery menu Tap on “Backup” and then select “Boot“
- Now perform “Clear/Wipe Dalvik-Cache“
- Now Flash Magisk.zip package by clicking on install option in the recovery menu.
- After flashing Magisk.zip reboot your Device which is successfully rooted.
In the case of any problems with the navigation keys, Reboot into TWRP and Restore the backup made in Step4 – Warning: Do not install the app TWRP if asked after booting into your device.
[su_box title=”Read More” box_color=”#0c77c9″]