The internal memory of our smartphone, despite capacity increases implemented by manufacturers in the succession of generations, even today may prove to limit for many users. No need to be sure of the renowned film makers, for example, to continue and accumulate movies enough to take the risk to remain tight in space. In the case of OnePlus 5, in each instance, at least this problem can be easily solved by performing shooting in H.265 ( HEVC ).
The format High-Efficiency Video Coding born to allow the maximum compression and, of equal quality, allows significant memory was saving compared to the older and widespread H.264 (AVC). In the guide today we will show you how to enable this codec on OnePlus 5 by editing a system file, which will lower the bitrate to 24Mbps (default is 42Mbps) in 4K at 11Mbps (default is 20Mbps) in 1080p at 8Mbps (default is 14Mbps) in 720p. All this, of course, without appreciable loss of quality.
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding Android. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.
- OnePlus 5 with Root permissions ( Guide: How To Root OnePlus 5 ; TWRP and Unlock bootloader Complet Guide )
- Magisk module [ 🔗LINK ]
- Root Browser
OnePlus 5 : How to Shoot in H.265 (HEVC) | Guide
- Copy your phone media_profiles.Xml the files available in the requirements section
- open the file browser and, if required, grant root permissions that App
- go to / system / etc
- Now replace media_profiles.xml with moded media_profilesold.xml
- Go to the folder where you copied the files downloaded from media_profiles.xml
- Long tap on the file -> Copy
- back to / system / etc and paste the file
- restart the device