In this Sub-Guide we will see how to install TWRP Recovery using FASTBOOT commands.
We suggest taking a complete backup of your device before proceeding to this guide.
Steps to do before proceeding with this Guide
- Make sure you have installed ADB USB Drivers of your phone or else use this tool to complete that task. [LINK]
- Enable USB debugging and developer options. To enable the developer option, head to Settings and select About.
- Now tap 5-7 times on Build Number until a message declaring that you are a developer.
- After enabling Developer options, dive into that and enable USB debugging and OEM unlock.
- make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your device. (Only a few devices needs bootloader unlock which is mentioned by Geek Axe in phones root guide)
How to Install TWRP Recovery through Fastboot
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. [LINK]
- Download TWRP Recovery (file link is available in root guide according to your device model)
- Then rename that file “recovery.img” and transfer/copy that file to the ADB folder (C: \ adb)
1st Step: Open a command window. To do so, within the ADB (C: \ adb) folder, press and hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard then click the Right button of the mouse in a blank space in the folder and then choose “Open Command Window Here“.
2nd Step: Next, connect the device to the PC via the USB cable and restart the device in FASTBOOT mode by typing the following command in the command window and then press the ENTER key or by pressing the “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
3rd Step: Now in the Fastboot mode check the connection by entering the command below and then press the ENTER key. We receive the serial number of the device which means that the device is properly connected.
4th Step: Write the following command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
5th Step: Type the following command in the command window and then press the ENTER key to flash/install TWRP Recovery on the device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6th Step: Restart the device by typing the command below and then press the ENTER key
Now you have successfully flashed TWRP using Fastbot commands. 🙂