How To install TWRP on MTK Devices using SP Flash Tool. Guidance on how to flash a custom recovery like TWRP in Smart Phone via MTK Flash Tool devices. SP Flash Tool is compatible with Android phones with MediaTek processors.
AOSP ROM (based on “scatter”) Custom flash ROM (based on scatter) Application for de-bricking bricked devices. Memory tests, test and verify. Parameters read/write. Erase / Format / Reset device based MTK.
Install a custom ROM, a custom kernel or custom recovery to unlock more features on your device.
We recommend taking a full backup of your device to proceed further.
Preparing your Device to Flash TWRP
- Make sure USB drivers are installed on your PC, so you can connect the device to your computer properly. (best Auto drivers installer [LINK] )
- Enable USB Debugging , go for it in: Settings -> Developer options. You can not find this option must be activated from Settings -> All -> About phone -> Build number. Then press 5-7 times on the build number, until a message announcing that you are a developer.
- Enable OEM Unlocking in developer settings.
Files Needed to Flash TWRP in MTK Devices
- Download the latest version of SP Flash Tool [LINK]
- Download and install MediaTek MTK Driver Auto Installer [LINK]
How To install TWRP on MTK Devices using SP Flash Tool
1st Step: Download the TWRP Recovery or ROM that you need according to your device. Skip this step and continue the guide if you have already downloaded the files in Root Guide.
Once unzipped the file SP FlashTool run flash_tool.exe In the window that appears click scatter-loading and place Android_scatter.txt
2nd Step: Then mark if not checked, leaving only the line marked recovery. Then double-click the Location field, find and place the image file recovery.img (Imp: this file is different according to devices)
3rd Step: Click on “Download” and then turn off your phone and connect it to PC using the USB cable.
4th Step: Now, you have installed a custom recovery on your device, disconnect and remove the USB cable. Now follow according to your device root guide.