On August 21, Google announced a new version of Android 8.0 operating system Oreo with many new features, optimization, improved performance. Now in this guide, we will show you ” How To Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus [8.0] in detail!
This article will detail the process of installing the factory firmware Android 8.0 Oreo using computers on Google’s Pixel and Nexus smartphones! This method will be useful for those who do not want to expect “firmware by air”, or if your device does not work correctly, Error, buggy or the device “brick” Geek Axe is not responsible!
Necessary fIles & Requirements to get Oreo (8.0) on Google Pixel & Nexus
- Computer or laptop (Windows 7-10)
- Original, undamaged USB cable
- Charge your Google Pixel or Nexus at least 50%
- Official Firmware for your Pixel and Nexus devices (flashable images) [LINK]
- Install ADB and Normal drivers for your Google Pixel or Nexus [LINK]
- Enable ” USB debugging ” on your Pixel or Nexus
- ADB RUN PROGRAM Auto ZIP [LINK]
[sc name=”1DS”][sc name=”1MB”]
How To Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus
If you are doing this first time, then you will need to go through two steps:
- Unlocking Google Pixel Bootloader
- Device firmware
Unlocking the Bootloader
In order to flash Google Pixel or Nexus, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device, this procedure is performed only once and you do not need to repeat it with subsequent firmware. This procedure deletes absolutely data and settings, so first back up your device and install proper divers of your phone before proceeding.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel and Nexus:
- Connect your Google Pixel or Nexus smartphone to your computer (make sure to enable USB Debugging)
- Run the ADB RUN program and allow USB debugging if prompted on mobile screen
- Unplug device & close ADB RUN Next, you need to switch to the Bootloader mode of the Google Pixel or Nexus smartphone
- Turn off the device and hold down the “Volume Down” + “Power” to enter bootloader mode
- Now device should boot into BOOTLOADER MODE,
- Open ADB Run program and follow Unlock Bootloader menu -> Bootloader Unlock and Lock -> Unlock Bootloader as shown in below picture.
- Now in the device, you will be asked exactly whether you want to unlock the bootloader.
- Now use Volume (+) & (-) to navigate and Power key to select, choose YES to unlock Bootloader.
- Bootloader is unlocked, Now you can flash your Google Pixel or Nexus with Android 8.0 Oreo
Installing Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware
- Unzip the downloaded firmware (the firmware is in two archives)
- In the ADB RUN program, go to the Run SCRIPT menu
- Now new window that opens, copy the firmware files and close the window
- Press the Enter button and then the firmware will start (do not pull out the USB cable during the firmware update)
- At the end of the updating firmware, the message ”
"echo Press any key to exit..."You can disconnect the Google Pixel or Nexus mobile device” appears in the program window, new software is installed!
[sc name=”1DS”][sc name=”1MB”]
Troubleshooting while Updating Firmware
If you have a long time in the command window, the message ” waiting for device ” it – means:
- The driver is not installed or incorrectly installed – reinstall the drivers
- Android device is not in Bootloader mode – switch to appropriate mode
- Incorrect connection to the USB port – use the rear ports of the USB 2.0 computer, do not use USB hubs
- Try performing firmware on another computer
Do you still have additional questions? related ” How To Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus [8.0] ” Write them in the comments.
[su_box title=”Read More” box_color=”#0c77c9″]