There are many articles and blog posts related to this topic, How to make Simple free Android App for WordPress website using Android web view. But in Geek Axe we will make a real working Android app with JSON feed from WordPress Rest API.
Now Make Free Android App for your WordPress website
This tutorial helps us to make WordPress App free for Lifetime. No renewal charges and Paid software. EVERYTHING IS FOR FREE.
Before Starting ” How to make Simple Android App for WordPress website “, What skills and things needed for this tutorial.
Essential WordPress Knowledge.
Text editor for Mac or Windows.
Wordpress Rest API (WP API) [Link To Plugin]
Source code (Geekaxe_App.zip) file of Android App [Link For File]
Finally, we need to install Corona SDK on your PC. [Link For SDK]
(Corona SDK is freely Available for Mac and Windows)
Now let’s start
How to make Simple free Android App for WordPress website
1. Now extract the downloaded Geekaxe_App.zip File to your Desktop or well-used space on your PC.
2. Then go to Corona SDK download page. Register and download your SDK and install it on your PC or MAC.
3. while SDK is getting installed open your WordPress admin dashboard and go to upload or install a new plugin. then search for “WP REST API (WP API)” then install and activate WordPress Rest API.
4. Now got to Settings >> General of your WordPress Site and under Timezone option change the value to “Costa Rica.” (Why we should change our site timezone? Simple WP Rest API does not properly function at all time zones. And if we skip this step. You can face HTTP 500 error while accessing JSON feed from WP Rest API )
5. Now open your installed Corona SDK and Click on Open Project.
6. Now you will get an Explorer window in that Navigate for the extracted geekaxe.zip folder and click on “main.lua” file.
Now you should get and App simulator screen with Geekaxe App working on it.(As shown in Below image)
7. Now your App is working, but you can see only Geek Axe feeds in that app. Now it’s the time to change the site link and app name in the “main.lua” file.
8. Now navigate to extracted source code folder and find for main.lua file and open it with your text editor or Code Editor and change the values as shown in below image.
9. After changing the URL and Name of the app now click on save then, you will find popup window in your Corona Simulator with “Corona project is modified.” this is normal and just press on Relaunch simulator.
10. After simulator gets restarted, you will find your APP name and your WordPress Website feed in simulator screen.
11. Now everything works fine, But now we have to export your APK file to publish onto Google Play store or to install onto our Android device.
12. Now in your simulator window press on File then Build now select on Android. Then give Name to your app and other values as shown in below image.
13. Final step 🙂 Now press on Build and get your own Working Android App for your WordPress Website.
Now you don’t need to update your Android App differently. Whenever you post something new on your WordPress Website, it reflects automated into App. But we need a working internet connection on installed Android device.
If you face and problem or Errors in the above steps or files, please let us know in comments below. We will answer you as soon as possible.
Make sure you followed GeekAxe at Facebook and Twiter for more quick updates like ” How to make Simple free Android App for WordPress website “and its Troubleshooting.
[su_service title=”FEATURED IMAGE CREDIT: dribbble.com/realvjy” icon=”icon: image” size=”16″][/su_service]