Have you installed Beta version of Android 8.0 on your OnePlus 5, lets rollback to the previous version ” How to Downgrade OnePlus 5 from Oreo to Nougat ”
Few can resist the temptation represented by the first version of Android for Oreo OnePlus, but some may if you want to go back to the Android Nougat. Here are the simple steps to downgrade!
Required Files to Downgrade OnePlus 5 from 8.0 (Oreo) to 7.0 (Nougat)
How to Downgrade OnePlus 5 from Oreo to Nougat
In case if you have flashed TWRP recovery (ROOTED), then you should rollback to Oxygen recovery. Here are the steps to follow:
- Copy the Oxygen recovery on the phone root folder.
- Boot into TWRP.
- Then flash Oxygen recovery.
- After successfully flash.
- Reboot your device.
Now at this point, your device is still running on Android Oreo now follow steps to Rollback or Downgrade to Android Nougat:
- Copy the downloaded Downgrade files to root folder and turn off the device.
- Wait 5-6 seconds.
- Then simultaneously press the Power button and Volume + to boot the phone into recovery mode.
- Use volume keys to navigate and select recovery mode.
- Now select or tap on “Install Update”
- Choose the rollback files. (Downloaded Downgrade .zip file)
- Wait till you see the “flashed successfully message”
- Select “reboot system now” enjoy Nougat!
Now your OnePlus 5 is running on Android Nougat.
Even Read: 6 Known OnePlus 5 Problems and Solutions
The procedure described in this guide ” How To Downgrade OnePlus 5 From Oreo To Nougat ” presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, may damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in rooting. The staff of Geek Axe is not responsible for any damage to the device.
If you want to receive free news about How to Guides, OnePlus 5, rollback leave your email address in Newsletter box which is powered by Google Feed Burner.